Friday, January 18, 2013

The Continuing Visa Concerns

I may have finally made some progress on getting a visa to India. A new letter from IIT Madras was sent to me today and then sent to the consulate. Apparently my previous letter was contradictory. To my application regarding my reason for visit. Now I get to wait. Maybe I'll finally get the ok to enter the country.

I wish I had an idea of how long it will take them to finish processing it and mail my passport back to me. The original plan was to leave next Wednesday. I find that doubtful. I would be amazed if any government agency has a turn around like that. On the plus side, at least I now have a prescription for malaria medication. Malaria would definitely ruin my year.

I'll keep you posted. Hopefully I'll have a departure date soon.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. Visas can take forever. After my last experience taking months and months, I will always try to get an in-person visa appointment. I hope you get good news soon!

    ReplyDelete