I have received the Liebster Award! Oh, I feel so accomplished. Hopefully, I'll figure out how I am supposed to do this and not make some horrible faux pas. And really, if I do, I'm sure you'll forgive me. It's not like this blog is the epitome of seriousness anyway.
Truthfully, I really appreciative that Life on Peanut Layne decided to bestow this upon me. I'm pretty new to blogging and am glad there are some readers who actually seem to like what I'm doing!
As far as I know, this is how it works:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions the person giving you the award has set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
4. Choose 11 people to award and send them a link to your post. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs.
11 Facts About Scary Carrie I'm Sure You're Just Dying to Know
1. I am such a nerd, I even know pi to the hundred-millionths place: 3.14159265
2. Disney World is still my favorite vacation spot even though this blog focuses on my time in Europe
3. I have trouble reading deep or dramatic novels because I feel like life is serious enough, I'd rather know a happy ending is coming
4. I was born in the 80s and am glad I missed most of them because I can't stand the music
5. I am from Nebraska but have never stepped foot on a farm
6. I love my Kindle
7. I'm super clumsy illustrated by the fact that I ran through a rose bush as a child
8. I adore snow but my feet get cold when it's 75 degrees outside
9. I bought the Fox and the Hound on DVD but have never been able to force myself to watch it because it makes me so depressed
10. I'm incredibly opinionated
11. I am very susceptible to sympathetic yawning
Questions Asked to Me
1. Do you have any phobias?
No, I am slightly afraid of lots of things like snakes, spiders, any large creature that is likely to try and kill you but nothing beyond rational fears.
2. What's your favorite season?
I like winter because I am a Christmas freak.
3. What's the inspiration behind your blog title?
My blog title is pretty literal. I'm writing about travel-related topics and am an engineering student so I just combined the two.
4. Where is your favorite place to shop?
I like wandering around Hobby Lobby because there are so many random things. Obviously I need one of these metal roosters to hang on the wall or a pink-leopard-print fleur-de-lis.
5. What's your favorite food?
Chocolate, any kind.
6. Do you have a favorite room or spot in the house?
I like my living room couch. I use it for napping, homework, blogging, or creeping on the neighbors as they walk by because I get a great view out the front window.
7. Do you have a favorite quote?
Last week I heard, "An optimist will tell you a glass is half-full, the pessimist that its half empty, and the engineer will tell you its twice the size it needs to be".
8. What made you start blogging?
After time in Europe with my parents (where I completely took control), my mom made a passing comment about writing a book of all I learned to make travel easier for others. I decided to blog instead, and quickly found that I would do better making it more humorous and less instructive.
9. Do you have a facebook page for your blog?
10. Do you any bad habits?
I am terrible about putting away my shoes and coats when I come back in the house.
11. What is your dream job or career?
I am still working on that.
11 Bloggers To Whom I am Giving the Liebster Award
I apologize in advance if you've already gotten the award and just want to be left alone.
A Tea-Tray in the Sky
Dumb Stuff Drawn
I'm Just Saying;...(Damn!)
Mis/adventures in Book Land
Potentially Crap Blog
Sarcastic Art Review Fun Time
Sorry Kid, Your Mom Doesn't Play Well With Others
Stories About My Underpants
Valerie Nunez and the Flying Platypi
But even if you feel like I am simply here to irk you, here are your questions.
1. What's the weirdest Halloween costume you've ever had?
2. Which high school stereotype were you? (nerd, jock, cheerleader, etc.)
3. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
4. What do you do when you have writer's block?
5.What's your favorite children's book?
6. What's one TV show you are embarrassed to like?
7.Where do you really want to visit?
8. What is one way you consider your blog to be successful?
9. What super power would you love to have?
10. Would you prefer to work in a circus or be an astronaut?
11. Why did you pick your topic for your blog?
There you go. Now pass it on.